7 Natural and Safe Remedies That Increase Brain Power
Can you always remember each item you need to pick up from a local grocery store? Do you have trouble remembering where you have left your car/home keys? Are you frustrated because important dates and appointments slip your mind? If the answer to any of these questions is yes, it’s high time you do something to boost your memory and cognitive function. Let’s present you seven natural and safe remedies that increase brain power.
1. Rosemary is one of the most common herbs used to boost memory. Pour boiling water over dried (or fresh) rosemary (1 tsp) and leave it for approx. 5 minutes. After straining, you could add some honey or sugar for taste. Drink this tea every day for several weeks.
2. Coconut oil keeps brain cells healthy and improves cognitive function and memory. It is highly recommended to use it for cooking and baking, but eating 1 tsp of virgin, cold-pressed coconut oil on a daily basis is even better for your brain health.
3. Almonds are an incredible remedy to enhance brainpower and memory, because of their high omega-3 fatty acids content. Soak a handful of almonds in water for a couple of hours. After you peel their skin, grind the almonds. Mix the almond paste with milk (1 cup) and add honey to sweeten the mixture a little bit. Drink this remedy on a daily basis for a month.
4. Black seeds are famous for being mind-sharpeners, due to their neuron-protecting and anti-inflammatory properties. They are also rich in antioxidants. Mix ground black seeds (approx. 1/2 tsp) with some honey and eat it twice a day for several weeks.
5. Cinnamon is great for improving cognitive performance and it can also relieve nervous tension. Mix 1 tsp of honey with a pinch of cinnamon powder and consume it every night for several months.
6. Fish oil has been found to reduce memory loss and boost brainpower. You can take supplements based on fish oil, but it’s even better to include fresh fish meat such as sardines, salmon, mackerel and herring in your diet.
7. Olive oil contains substances that are proven to fight proteins that can induce Alzheimer’s disease. Add it to your diet as dressing or cooking oil, or eat 1 tsp of extra-virgin olive oil on a daily basis.
With these safe and effective natural remedies, you’ll surely improve your brain health and mental acuity. If, however, you have serious conditions that affect memory and cognitive function, such as dementia or Alzheimer’s disease, you should talk to your doctor about the best suitable treatment options, including prescription medications and alternative nutritional supplements.